Horse racing is a popular sport that has a long and rich history. It is enjoyed by people all around the world who either follow the sport for fun or bet on some of the biggest horse racing events throughout the year such as the Grand National and the Cheltenham Festival.
Betting on horse racing is a complex task with many factors to take into consideration such as the condition of the ground, the form of the horses, the track the race is taking place on, as well as the jockeys and the trainers of the horses. That’s why some punters opt to take their selections from various paid or free racing tips that are available from experts online rather than come to their own conclusion.
The vast majority of online bookmakers take bets on horse racing but some are definitely better than others. In this blog post, we will take a look at some of the best horse racing bookmakers and what they have to offer.
Firstly, lets take a look at what makes a good horse racing bookie.
Live Streaming of Horse Racing
One of the most popular features that bookmakers offer is the ability to live stream horse racing events. This allows you to watch the races in real-time as they happen, making it easy to follow along with the action and place bets as the race progresses.
Some of the best bookmakers for live streaming horse racing include:
- Bet365: This bookmaker is known for its comprehensive live streaming service, which includes horse racing from around the world. It is easy to use and provides high-quality streams, making it a great option for those who want to watch the races as they happen.
- Unibet: Another bookmaker that offers live streaming of horse racing is Unibet. It has a large selection of races available to stream, and the streams are of high quality. Unibet also offer some great odds on racing as well as several money-back offers.
- Paddy Power: Paddy Power offers live streaming of horse races taking place around the world. One advantage of streaming horse racing via Paddy Power is that they don’t require customers to have placed a bet on the race that they want to stream.
Best Odds Guaranteed
Best Odds Guaranteed is one of the most popular horse racing offers and a must-have for any serious horse racing punter.
With Best Odds Guaranteed, or BOG as it is also known as, if you place a bet on a horse and the starting price (the odds at the time the race begins) is higher than the price you took, the bookmaker will pay you out at the higher price. This can be a great advantage for those who want to get the best value for their bets.
Some of the best bookmakers for best odds guaranteed include:
- William Hill: William Hill is one of the top UK horse racing betting sites and is known for its strong reputation and horse racing offers such as best odds guaranteed which is available on all UK and Irish horse racing.
- Ladbrokes: Ladbrokes is another bookmaker that offers best odds guaranteed on all UK and Irish horse racing. Ladbrokes has competitive racing odds and with Best Odds Guaranteed, those prices can increase even more.
- Betfair: Betfair is one of the world’s biggest bookmakers and also offers best odds guaranteed on all UK and Irish horse racing. Competitive odds, regular promotions and unique betting features make Betfair Sportsbook a favourite destination for many horse racing punters.
Horse Racing Features
Another factor that makes a bookmaker a good choice for betting on horse racing are the features that they offer which are focused specifically around horse racing.
- Betfair: Betfair offer ‘Each Way Edge’ which is a unique feature that allows racing punters to select how many places their each way bet will pay out on. Some bookies offer extra places on horse races but at Betfair, customers are able to either increase or decrease the number of places themselves with the prices they are offered for their bet being adjusted accordingly.
- Parimatch: Parimatch is a relatively new online bookie but has quickly become a favourite with race goers due to unique features such as ‘Lengthen The Odds.’ With this betting option, users are able to not only bet on a horse to win but also to win by a minimum number of lengths. This can significantly increase the odds of the bet and is an attractive option in some circumstances.
In conclusion, there are many bookmakers that offer a good horse racing service. The bookmaker that you choose should depend on your requirements such as whether you want to stream the races live via the bookies’ website or app, if you’re interested in Best Odds Guaranteed, Extra Places or Refund offers, or if you like the idea of being able to customise your bet with features such as Each Way Edge or Lengthen The Odds.